The Statistics Department is established at MMDAs as per Second Schedule of the Local Governance Act, 2016 (Act 936).
Head Of Works
The District Statistical Department aspires to provide reliable and responsive statistical services for good governance and development.
To harness, produce and manage quality local level statistics based on national standards using competent staff for evidence-based making in support of local and national development
1. Enhance the use of Statistics for evidence-based decision making.
2. Harmonize concepts, methods, and classifications used in the production of Statistics at all levels.
3. Assist the MMDA to mobilize revenue for development.
4. Reinforce the coordination of statistics generation, compilation, analysis, storage, archiving and dissemination across departments within the MMDA.
5. Engender statistical literacy among stakeholders.
6. Systematize the collation of administrative data across sectors and geographical units.
7. Strengthen capacity of statistical staff at the MMDA level
1. To collect, compile, store and analyze data based on standardized formats developed by Ghana Statistical Service.
2. To collect, compile, store and analyze data based on standardized formats developed by Ghana Statistical Service.
3. To prepare and submit Annual Report of its operations to the District Assembly and advise the District Assembly on all matters relating to statistics.
4. Provide timely data for incorporation into district, regional and national level statistics analyses. The Statistics Department is made up of the two units namely; Field Operations Unit and Data Entry and Analysis Unit with the head being the Head of Department.
5. Generate the data requirements of the District Assemblies on all departments for planning activities of the MMDA.
6. Monitor statistical Literacy and Research..
General Functions and Responsibilities of Statistics Department